Our Dream Come True!

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mama ak Papa vini Ayiti vit!

One of the most amazing emails we have ever received and in the blink of eye we are headed to Haiti!!

For our precious FSM and FB friends...  2 days, 0 hours, 3 minutes and 196065 heartbeats away from our kiddos!! (yes, I updated this right before I hit post.)

Yesterday at church one of our sweet little friends (she is 5) came up to me and said "Mellie I understand you are raising money for your adoption so I want to give you this".  (Yes, she acts way older than 5!) To a child any amount of money is huge, they have no idea the value especially at 5.  The gift of her willingness to give brought me to tears. The widow gave her all and God blessed her beyond measure, I pray the same for this precious child of God.  Lee-Lee has always held a special place in my heart and I can assure you she will be there forever.  Sometimes God gives us something so little that gives us the reassurance He is in this "thing", trust Him.  I will hold on to this penny for the rest of my life.

We do need prayer for this trip.  Steve has not yet met the kids.  I have not met Monique nor have I spent a lot of time with the boys.  When we went to Haiti a year ago we had no idea we would adopt from Haiti much less kids we were playing with.

I can't imagine talking, laughing, loving and living together for 4 days just to say goodbye for an undetermined amount of time.  I am just not sure how to do this.  We need all your prayers this weekend.
Junior
Frantz
Monique













The next pictures we post will be of Steve, the kids and me!!!  How exciting is that?!  I am so excited!!!
We are still not fully funded so if you feel so inclined please send a tax-deductible donation to our church "Fellowship Bible Church" "I Choose You - Colson Family" at  1210 Franklin Rd Brentwood, TN 37027.  Be sure to write the check to Fellowship Bible Church and put I Choose You - Colson on the memo line.  We appreciate your support!!

In Him,
The Colson's
Steve, Melanie, Amanda, Joshua, Monique, Junior and Frantzy-Frantz!

1 comment:

Britmom said...

Sitting here, reading your blog, imagining the faces of these gorgeous children when they realise that it is THEIR parents who are visiting! It is THEIR mamma and pappa and that THEY will be eating in the guest house with THEIR family..even if for just a few days it is SO GOOD to know that they will be with you.
We love these children very much, they were good friends to our children when we went in April. They are part of our adoptive family too and we will be praying fervently for you as you make your trips.. both ways.