Our Dream Come True!

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

From the Heart of a Child

I specifically asked permission to post the following and I hope if it strikes your heart you will know it came from God to you. Maybe you know someone waiting for a child who would enjoy this, please feel free to share it. You may find yourself needing Kleenex.

Forever love

Longing for children to love,
I pray to the one up above.
In my heart I always knew,
a part of me was meant for you.

I think of how happy we will be,
You and me and my family,
and together forever we will always be.

I dream of all the joy you'll bring,
imagining the little things.
The way I’d feel to hold you tight,
and watch you sleep every night.

Getting you ready for the day,
watching you dance and play.

The drawings on the refrigerator door,
toys spread across the floor.
The favorite stories read again,
hours of games with many friends.

I pray for the day you take my outstretched hand,
And when our lives will really begin.
Still I wait for your sweet face,
And the warming of our first embrace.

I promise to give you a happy home,
a loving family to call your own.
A family you will make complete,
with laughter, smiles and smelly feet.

Parents who will guide the way,
And be there for you everyday.
By Amanda Colson

No comments: