Our Dream Come True!

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Be Still and listen...

We put our home study in for Chelsea and Joseph 4 weeks and 2 days ago. Oh, does it seems as though we are keeping track? Maybe. :) Nothing yet. God told us to wait. We feel we have waited because we have waited 4 weeks and 2 days. The caseworker said 4 to 8 weeks. Has she looked at the calendar? It has has been 4 weeks and 2 days.

Obviously, we are not good at this; being still, listening, waiting all of these equals patience which I am not sure anyone in this house even has a clue what patience is. Most likely that is EXACTLY why God is having us wait. We try "Good things come to those who wait" and all those other nice antedotes but did we mention it has been 4 weeks and 2 days?

Beth Moore is an amazing Bible study teacher. Mot Bible study teachers are whether you agree 100% with them or not, most are great at teaching Biblical truths. More than teaching, God uses Beth to gently and humorously remind me of my many faults, yes I admit to many. This Thursday, like every Thursday morning this past semester I have obediently gone to Bible study and every Thursday God has continually used Beth to gently step on my toes, not this time.

I am guessing God knew when Beth made the video we watched today that we would be waiting 4 weeks and 2 days. I would also say that He was not quite as gentle when He had beth stomping on my toes today morning. I will say I was one of the only ladies nearly crying from laughing so hard at myself! Thank you Lord Beth loves Starbucks as much as I do and is as impatient as I am or I would really look like a fool!

So, we will wait for as long as God requires. We will remain steadfast and true to our hearts belief that God has already chosen us to be Chelsea and Josephs forever home. I am sure we will continue to count, even the guys are counting. We are all obsessed as if we were all first time parents. We pray if it is not meant to be God will let us down easy but oh how we pray this is meant to be.

Abdingin Him,
The Colson's

No comments: