Our Dream Come True!

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Be Still...

Sometimes I think God tests his sense of humor out on us.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NLT

I read this and said "ok, you have got to be kidding me!" after are you ready? Sit down you are about to read a really funny story the sadness in it is that this is a true story.

On Most weekdays my alarm sounds off at 4:45am so I like to sleep in when I can and considering Saturday we cleaned the garage out, reorganized, found new homes for a few things and we now have a list of items that will be listed on Craig's list. All so I can park in the garage. I think after all it is a two stall garage one of us should be able to park in it! Feeling like we had accomplished something, I slept like a baby Saturday night, first night in a while but well deserved.

Sometime around 8am when I got out of bed to let the dogs out, the curtains are drawn so it is still rather dark in the house, I was not fully awake, I wondered why I felt water splashing one me. I thought hmmm... I better call for Steve! So I did. I took about 3 more steps and was now standing in water that easily graced the top of my feet. I at this point YELLED for Steve as I looked up in horror realizing my living room, dinning room and kitchen were now an indoor rain forest.

Yes, water was coming from the ceiling, the light fixtures, there was water in the cabinets, the drawers, there was water everywhere! We borrowed a friends shop vac and dehumidifier and although we were sucking water out it still began coming out of new places in the ceiling and other fixtures. I stood several times starring from the ceiling to the floor thinking, "surely this is a nightmare and any moment my alarm will go off, I will get up, let the dogs out, make a latte, get in the shower... leave for church." NOPE - girl friend this is your reality!

Never having claimed on our homeowners insurance we stood starring at the ceiling together and then the floor, back and forth wondering "Lord does our homeowners insurance pay for any of this?" Thankfully, it does!

Today, it is all still here, there is less water in places it doesn't belong but it is still wet!

It seems satan would like to ruin us financially before our adoption but... God used a friend of ours to speak directly to our hearts today... from their 5:12am blog, "The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be still." How awesome is God, more than I can ever put into words!

So, we are faithfully going to be still in the midst of all this water knowing He is God, He is in control, He is preparing something great for us, and we are to be still and wait upon Him.

the Colson's

No comments: